our fab family

our fab family

Thursday, July 29, 2010

glass house insanity!!

The insanity part is to be the Mom of a very quiet, shy child who turns into a raging dance machine, singing perfect pitch and can entertain with wit, love and graciousness!!! I am amazed every time I see Tyler on stage. I know this kid, I know how he thinks, how he operates, the real Tyler. And then to see him on stage commanding a room full of relative strangers with his band of equally talented bandmates...what a show, what a moment.
And then when I see him with the fans-so many fans that are inspired by the lyrics, the music and say how their lives are changed or marked for a moment in time...WOW. He loves these strangers and yet they are hardly strangers within the music.
And he treats me with such care when I attend a show, making sure I am comfortable and he does this with his family members.
Now a little cherry on the night at the Glass House was seeing Timmy P again and meeting long time legend - Randy Jackson...T took a pic of us backstage. I'll post it when he sends it. So cute- I'm out front chatting by the merch table and I get a text- Randy Jackson is in the dressing room...I text Can I come back- no response- I say Heck yes, I'm going back there to meet him...I walk into the dressing room, NO surprise on Tylers face just to hear T say- Randy I'd like you to meet my Mother and I knew you'd like this Mom...Elaine, John and T witnessed my minor freakout-maybe a little major as I grabbed his hand and hugged him...we had a moment, a photo and he said how much he likes Neon Trees...he wanted to know where Tyler had gotten the talent and that was kind...
So I still sit today contemplating the joy of yesterday looking forward...SO MUCH FUN!

2 comments:

  1. Yay debbie I saw you had a blog through fb!! Neon Trees is amazing and Tyler's voice is unbelievable. How exciting to meet Randy Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a sick show! I wanna meet "Timmy P" haha. He's producing some other bands that I like. Tim has good taste! Oh and Randy's pretty cool too... :)

    ReplyDelete