our fab family

our fab family

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A DAY WITH NEON TREES

91X fest in San Diego started this weeks mini adventure with Neon Trees. Sylvia(Chris' Mom), Lainey and I drove down to meet the band. We arrived a bit before them, waited at an intersection for them and then followed them in. Can I say it is fun to drive behind them as they are let in the gates, and then I say "I'm with Neon Trees" and I am waived on in. Love it. They were met with a handful of screaming fans, a few autographs and then escorted in to see the stage. At first glance the stage was the West Plaza stage not the main stage. We were all feeling that this was going to be like playing at a coffee shop again!!
WRONG!!!
Civil Twilight played for about 100 people and then a few minutes later The tree were on and WOW the crowd was over 1500 people jammin to their 25 minute set. It was amazing. Your Surrender was my favorite from the sound of Tylers voice. magical moments. Then after they played they signed and did pictures for an hour solid by the stage and then were excorted to a meet and greet for another 12 hour solid. Crazy.
T came home for the night, slept 12 hours and off to LA we went. First Yahoo, to meet with the Music Department, film an acoustic segment, then off the film an interview and acoustic "Animal" for McCafe...Thento American Rebel Clothing where they got some great clothes-thankyou very much... Lunch was in between at El Chollo in Santa Monica. So tasty.
Lainey and I were home by 8 and they were at LAX waiting for their flight to San Fran where they play a sold out show tonight.
Wednesday they will be back in SOCAL in Pomona.
I love being around the kids as they are so much fun, witty and you all know I love to laugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment