It's quite a moment when a mission call comes in the mail. Lainey had gone to the box for 3 days and nothing, finally on Friday she went before work and the mail had not come. Minutes after she left, YES the mail came. I had waited till the truck left and then drove to the box cuz I was taking it to work to show her. I opened the box and saw a white large envelope and as I touched it I was overwhelmed with the spirit and when I saw Sister Lainey Elizabeth Patterson Glenn written on the envelope I got teary eyed and just held it.
I drove to Mulligan's, walked in and presented it to her. She got a huge smile and was totally overwhelmed for a minute.
I took it home and put it where all 3 of her brothers calls have waited to be opened.
She came home hours later, we shared some personal experiences and cried a bit. At 8 everyone was present for the opening, women who have touched her life-young women leaders and seminary teacher-and our Bishop and his wife. Heidi and the kids skyped in, Jeremy on one phone, Uncle Dave and Aunt Patti on the other and Tyler and Andrew on a conference call!!!
It was priceless- the gasp, the tears, the date of reporting. so very special...
so: CANADA HALIFAX MISSION which is in NOVA SCOTIA!!!!! leaving on JAN 5, 2011
i loved watching the video. when lainey started to read it and got all choked up, it made me choke up. so excited for her. you are an amazing mom who has raised some amazing kids. good job!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and your darling family. The blessings will seem to burst forth as you have experienced before. xoxo
ReplyDeleteHOW EXCITING!! What an amazing experience, and a very cool place to go! She is going to be such an awesome missionary!!
ReplyDeleteAnne of Green Gables!! So excited for her, and your family. =)
ReplyDelete