Today is my Dad's, Archie Milton Bowser, birthday. He would have been 82 years old. It's hard for me to think of him as gone from this earth. He lived the last of his days in Brazil, and on the day before his death I had this feeling to call him-we talked monthly at least the last few years of his life. But I didn't call him, I remembered the time difference and so I said I'd do it tomorrow but that tomorrow brought a very early phone call saying he had passed in his sleep. That's a really good way to go, sleeping and not in pain.
He was a really cool Dad, when I was young he nicknamed me CHICK, I loved that, he always used it. He played alot with me as a kid, made the best memories and was really an encourager. He took me shopping for new school clothes to Robert Hall and let ME pick out what I wanted and said yes as long as I would really wear it. When I had my first car accident he was more concerned with me and those with me than with the car. He was really a kind man, one who was quiet but loved to watch his kids and very proud of us. He never made me feel inferior, he knew I could do anything I wanted to do and he often provided the way by having me work hard and then swoop in help out with the money or encouragement.
He was so proud when I won Miss Monmouth County..he came to everything I ever did in school. He was a really great son to his parents which is so cool to remember that.
I miss him but I can see that he instilled in me the fun, good parent part.
He got to visit with his kids and grandkids in Cali a few years before his death- he was so proud of them and me for raising them to be such wonderful kids. They only spent 2 weeks with us but the kids all learned about him and loved him so much.
He went to see Tyler sing in a high school performance and told me he was going to be something big someday. He loved Andrews zest for life and his love and kindness. He loved Jermey and meeting Heidi and was so taken with his responsibility and his love of chatter!!! H ewas os excited to have a great grand child in Baylee- . And Lainey he thought was so beautiful and she reminded him of me which was so cool.
We had a family home evening one night and he wrote that he would love us forever and I still have that paper on my fridge.
I love my fmaily and I love my Dad for being the best ever for me and my brother.
No comments:
Post a Comment